About The Donald B. Watt Library
The Donald B. Watt Library provides a collection of materials relevant to SIT Graduate Institute’s and SIT Study Abroad’s curricula. These materials include books, DVDs, videotapes, periodicals, e-books, electronic databases, and student research. The majority of the library’s collection is available in electronic format in order to facilitate research by students and faculty both at our Brattleboro campus and elsewhere around the world.
Non-electronic items will be mailed to off-campus students and faculty upon request. Resources not held in our print or electronic collection may be available through our interlibrary loan service. The library also provides remote research assistance and instruction.
Main Phone Number: 802.258.3354
Need to call us from abroad,
Text us a question: 802.277.3204
Text us a question of up to 160 characters. SMS service hours are Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm. Your phone number is not visible to us. Your provider's standard text messaging rates may apply.
Use our Interactive FAQ Page to Ask a Question.
Reach us by Email
- General and research related inquiries, access, and circulation related questions: email@example.com
- Questiosn about e-Reserves: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about InterLibrary Loan (ILL): email@example.com
- Questions about the Archives: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about Digital Collections: email@example.com
PO Box 676, Kipling Road
Brattleboro, VT 05302 USA
Mission and Values
Donald B. Watt Library Mission Statement
The Donald B. Watt Library will lead and support the SIT community in achieving its goal to prepare students to be interculturally effective leaders, professionals, and citizens, who are committed to responsible global citizenship by:
- Providing access to the highest quality scholarly and information resources.
- Providing the tools and resources necessary for patrons to “recognize when information is needed and have the ability to locate, evaluate, and use effectively the needed information.”
- Improving both the physical and virtual environments in order to support self-sufficiency and productivity.
- Providing leadership and expertise for patrons in the creation and dissemination of scholarship in digital format.
- Fostering an environment that facilitates flexibility, collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement in order to serve our patrons.
Donald B. Watt Library Values
Service: We believe that high quality library services are essential to a developing and learning community so that patrons may continue to develop the skills necessary for responsible global citizenship.
Patrons: We believe that meeting the informational needs of our diverse, global patrons is paramount.
Quality: We value the importance of providing rapid, efficient, and comprehensive access to resources and strive to improve upon those services.
Technology: We believe the library must be an active partner within SIT in implementing different technologies to ensure equitable access to resources by all patrons.
Teamwork: We believe that working together yields the best possible outcomes in providing our patrons high quality resources and access to information.